Food & Gift Drive
Every year the Marian Catholic Student Council sponsors a Food and Gift Drive for needy families in the area. Working with Respond Now, a local non-profit organization that screens families to determine need, each Emmaus class gets a family to support.
The women's basketball team heads to ISU and the IHSA Class 4A state tourney Thursday morning.
Senior Ryan Kelly distributes ashes during Wednesday's all-school liturgy in the West Gym.
Fr. William O'Mara celebrates Ash Wednesday Mass for students and faculty in the West Gym.
Marian Catholic has named Steve Tortorello '04 as principal for the 2014-15 school year.
Ms. Lisa Kowynia appears as Madame DeFarge, the villainess in the novel A TALE OF TWO CITIES, a book the sophomores are reading.
Juniors in Mr. Kopycinski's Christian Ethics class hit the books.
Marian's Game Club meets Thursdays after school in room 217.
Students in Ms. Doran's French 1 class look over menus they created.
Students work on computers in the Library.
Speaker Mike Donahue addresses the student body during Thursday's all-school assembly.
Junior Morality students present the life of Rosa Parks.
Junior Carlo Falcioni, in character, listens to presentations in Morality class.
- Marian Speech: Cooper Packard captures IHSA state title in Special Occasion Speaking.
- Symphonic Band Grand Champ at 'State of the Art' Catholic Contest (34-year unbeaten streak).
- Marian Band earns 34th straight State Marching title, BOA AA National title.
- Choir invited to perform at Carnegie Hall in New York City on April 24-26, 2014.
The Marian Speech team gathers to depart for the IHSA State Speech Tourney in Peoria.
Senior Diamond Turner works on a project in Pottery 2.
Extending 34-year undefeated streak, Symphonic Band swept all captions, State of Art Grand Champ.
Marian Speech won the Reavis Sectional and sends nine entries to IHSA State competition.
Marian musicians entertain at the Hall of Fame dinner.
Marian musicians perform a duet at the Hall of Fame dinner.
A quartet of Marian musicians at the Hall of Fame dinner.
Sat, May 8- Daylight Saving begins, overnight
Tue, Mar 11- SC Children's Carnival, E Gym
Wed, Mar 12- Lenten Mass in Chapel, 2:30 pm
Fri, Mar 14- Faculty retreat (NO School)
End of Third Quarter
Marian captured the Plainfield Central regional title Friday with a 67-53 victory over Providence Catholic.
Spartans Josh Cohn drives to the hoop Friday during a 67-53 regional title win over Providence Catholic.
Ashton Millender fires a three Monday during a 71-45 win over Edwardsville at the IWU Super.
Marian makes a return trip to state after a 71-45 victory over Edwardsville on Monday at IWU.
Marian's Joey Cifelli posted the top score through Friday rounds at the IHSA State diving meet at Evanston.
- Men's Basketball (26-2) tops Providence, 67-53, to win 4A Regional crown.
- Girls Basketball (27-5) stunned by Whitney Young in 4A state semis, 60-20.
- Men's Diving: Joey Cifelli scores 474.05 to win IHSA Diving state title. (VIDEO)
- Wrestling: Jose Champagne captures fourth in state at 152 pounds.
- ESCC Standings on official ESCC website