Fine Arts Department - Band
"MUSIC GIVES A SOUL TO THE UNIVERSE, WINGS TO THE MIND, FLIGHT TO THE IMAGINATION, AND LIFE TO EVERYTHING." - PLATO
The Marian Catholic band program has a reputation as one of the outstanding concert and marching bands in the United States. The band's educational and competitive philosophies have been used as models for band programs in nearly every state of the union.
Department Chair: Greg Bimm
- Cadet Band
- Concert Band
- Symphonic Band
- Jazz Band
- Honors Music Theory/History
- Music Theory
- Honors Music - Principles of Performance and Structure
- Color Guard/Flag
- Winter Guard
Over the years, Marian Catholic bands have earned hundreds of awards and honors including:
- Undefeated in Class A State Concert Competition since 1981
- State Marching Champion in Class for an unprecedented 38 consecutive years
- 18-time overall State of Illinois Marching Band Champion
- 20-time Bands of America Class AA National Champion
- Seven-time Bands of America Grand National Champion (1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 1997, 2000).
- 2001 Presidential Inaugural Parade Participant
- 2004 Pearl Harbor Memorial Performer - Honolulu, Hawaii
- 2007 and 2013 Macy's Parade Participant
- 2010 Tournament of Roses Parade Participant
A total of .5 credits in Fine Arts is required for graduation.