Three-Part Application Process
PART ONE - ONLINE APPLICATION
The Online Scholarship/Tuition Assistance Application form can be found on the website under the Parent Tab and/or Admissions Tab. All students to be enrolled for the 2019-2020 school year are entered on one family application.
PART TWO – TAX FORMS
The financial review committee will use pages 1 and 2 of your 2017 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 to make a determination of financial need. To ensure confidentiality, please submit as follows:
- Black out your social security number on all pages.
- Scan and send via email pages 1 and 2 of your 2017 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040, using your student’s first and last name and ID as the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(For those who do not have access to a scanner, please submit a hard copy of your tax return form with your essays. Please do not submit both electronically and via hard copy.)
PART THREE – PARENT AND STUDENT ESSAY
In addition to assessing financial need, the scholarship committee reviews each family’s commitment to a Marian Catholic education which is firmly grounded on the values of prayer, study, community, and service. Essays written by both the student and the parent allow the committee to assess the potential of the family to contribute to the ongoing strength of Marian Catholic High School. The essay also gives the parent the opportunity to give additional information that might be pertinent to the award process.
Essays are submitted by:
- Downloading and completing the Parent Cover Page
- Downloading and completing a Student Cover Page for each student included in the online application
- Submitting the cover pages with hard copies of the essays (not stapled)
- Delivering by hand or US mail to:
Sister Judine Hilbing, O.P., Director of Scholarships/Tuition Assistance Marian Catholic High School, 700 Ashland Avenue, Chicago Heights, IL 60411