Scholarship/Tuition Assistance Application Process
Three-Part Application Process
PART ONE - ONLINE APPLICATION
The Online Scholarship/Tuition Assistance Application Form can be found on the website under the Admissions Tab or by clicking here. All students, including incoming freshmen, who wish to apply for scholarships and/or tuition assistance for the 2020-2021 school year, are combined on the same family application.
PART TWO – TAX FORMS
The financial review committee will use pages 1 and 2 of your 2018 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 to make a determination of financial need. To ensure confidentiality, please submit as follows:
- Black out your social security number on all pages.
- Scan and send via email pages 1 and 2 of your 2018 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040, using your student’s first and last name and ID as the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org or send as hard copies to the Office of Scholarships and Tuition Assistance. Incoming freshmen enter "2024" in place of an ID number.
PART THREE – PARENT AND STUDENT ESSAY
In addition to assessing financial need, the Scholarship Committee reviews each family’s commitment to a Marian Catholic education which is firmly grounded on the values of prayer, study, community, and service. Essays written by both the student and the parent allow the Scholarship Committee to assess the potential of the family to contribute to the ongoing strength of Marian Catholic High School. The essay also gives the parent the opportunity to give additional information that might be pertinent to the award process.
Essays are submitted by:
- Downloading and completing the Parent Cover Page
- Downloading and completing a Student Cover Page for each student included on the application
- Submitting the cover pages with hard copies of the essays (without staples)
- Delivering by hand or US mail to:
SCHOLARSHIP/TUITION ASSISTANCE DEADLINES
While many scholarships and tuition assistance awards are renewable,
a new application must be submitted annually as part of the renewal process.
All students in a given family submit their applications together.
Due Date – Thursday, January 9, 2020
The number of families seeking tuition assistance and the level of financial need exceed the funding dollars available for awards. The earlier applications are submitted, the more likely it is that tuition assistance will still be available.
A completed application will include:
- Family Online Application including all students to be enrolled in 2020-2021
- Parent cover page with parent essay
- Pages 1 and 2 of your 2018 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 (with social security numbers blacked out) submitted electronically or as hard copy with parent essay
- Student cover page and essay for each student applying with name and student ID number or “2024” for incoming freshmen
Entrance Exam Scholarships of $5,000 are automatically awarded to incoming freshman students scoring at 90% or above on the Entrance Exam.
Endowed Scholarships, Dominican Scholarships, and Sr. Simeon Fund awards vary from $1,000 to $5,000. An average award is $2,500. Applications for these awards are reviewed by the Scholarship Committee, relying in part on the confidential assessment of consultants who verify financial documentation. The President of Marian Catholic has oversight of the award process and gives final approval to all scholarships and tuition assistance.
For more information, contact Sister Judine Hilbing, OP at 708-996-4624 or at email@example.com.